Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Songbirds start my day


Early, very early Tuesday morning, there was a burst of song outside. A flock of small songbirds started their morning well before dawn - at 3:50 a.m.! They sang and continued to sing until the sky started to lighten, and they kept going until after 5:00 a.m.

I never caught a glimpse of the birds, so I can't tell you the species, but I felt it was a magical way to start the day, standing outside on the porch in the dark listening to these birds sing. It sounded like their natural morning ritual - with no stress or worries involved.

Nature has many beautiful moments, and I certainly enjoyed this one.

1 comment:

  1. The songbirds is a lovely 'image'. I too am awakened by a little chamber group outside,two or three different songs going on simultaneously, but closer to 6:00 am thankfully.

    ReplyDelete